Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Time

I'm 76 years old right now and "time" is only NOW.

Yesterday could be as long ago as when I turned 70.  How can 6 years have gone by since then!  When the doctor asks "when did this problem start?" I have no idea whether it started a week ago or a month ago or 6 years ago.

The past is just history -- and maybe partly fiction -- something to remember and hopefully to learn a lesson from -- but it doesn't exist anymore.  My memories are just mine and they may not be the same as the memories of the people around me.  How odd it is to hear someone talk about something that I either don't remember at all or that I remember differently.

The future may or may not come for me on this Earth.  It's just a hope or a dream.  With a little luck I'll still be mobile and able to read and have enough of a memory to not be a burden to my children for the rest of my life.  And with a little more luck I won't be completely out of money before I die.

Only today is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment